No need to purchase our sewing service if you buy a patch from us. Sewing service is included with all custom cap orders.
You own a patch, or two, that need to be sewn onto a cap. We can help with that. Comes with a twenty-year guarantee.
Steps to getting your patches sewn onto blank caps:
Patch and ordering guidelines:
• Please send us a photo of both the front and the back of the patch.
• Caps are not included in the price, and must be purchased separately.
• A patch must be no taller than 3" to fit onto one of our caps. Maximum width is 5".
• Patches with multiple curves and sharp angles might not be sewable. Many modern made patches won't hold up to our industrial sewing machine. Also, we do not take in non-licensed reproduction patches. Commonly found on eBay and Etsy, we can spot one of these retro patches from a mile away.
• Once we have a patch in our hands, and we can inspect it up close, we reserve the right to turn down a job if we feel the patch cannot hold up to our industrial sewing machine. Our machine likes to eat up delicate patches and we’d rather turn down a job if we feel this might occur.
• We charge an additional $10 per patch should it need to be cleaned. We’ll let you know if this is the case when you send us a photo of your patch.
• Please send in your cap as soon as you can after you place an order and include a note with your name and order number with your shipment. If you’re sending in more than one cap, please let us know cap and patch pairings.
Appreciate you reading all the details here. At Megadeluxe we want to provide our customers with the highest level of service possible and ensure that you are completely satisfied.
Frequently asked questions about our sewing service.
Twenty-year guarantee on your sewing – are you all crazy?
It is a bit nutty that we offer a twenty-year guarantee on our patch-to-cap sewing. If your patch comes off your cap, we’ll sew it back on at no charge. It's the kind of crazy we like put out to the world.
Do you accept officially licensed new patches?
Yes we do, as long as they fall within our sizing guidelines above. For example, we have some die hard Harley-Davidson customers who have sent us new patches they’ve purchased directly from HD’s store.
Can I send in my own blank cap?
Possibly. It would be impossible to carry every cap brand out there, so we'll try to help you out here. We know there's some XXXL caps out there for bigger and more handsome heads. However we need to see your cap first. FYI: we can't offer our 20-year guarantee or be responsible if our industrial sewing machine damages your cap. We charge $19 per cap if you provide the hat and purchase a patch from our inventory. $29 per cap if you provide both a hat and your own patch.
So why go to all the trouble of machine sewing vintage patches onto caps
Because it’s simply the best way to secure a patch onto a ball cap. A well-sewn patch will last twenty-years or more. The cap will give out before the patch ever does. Sure, you could glue down a patch in half the time but it’s never going to be able to stay secure or make a design “pop-off” a cap. Machine sewing stretches and secures a patch to the point where it hugs the contours of a cap. Gluing down a patch on a cap can never achieve this unique dimensionality and lasting power.