No need to purchase our sewing service if you buy a patch from us. Sewing service is included with all custom cap orders.
Own a patch that needs to be sewn onto a cap? We can help with that.
We offer a twenty-year warranty on our patch-to-cap sewing service.
Steps to getting your patch sewn onto a cap:
Patch acceptance terms:
We reserve the right to turn down any patch.
Because we employ a diverse workforce, we do not accept patches with language or symbols that may insult, offend or put down any person or group – from any background, from any place on Earth – in the slightest manner.
Also, we have our version of Bartender Rules: nothing related to religion, politics or race. If you’ve ever tended bar with a diverse clientele you understand where we’re coming from.
Again, we reserve the right to turn down any patch, and without explaining our decision. If you’re cool with these terms please shoot us a photo of your patch.
• Please send us dimensions, along with a photo of both the front and the back of the patch.
• Caps are not included in the price, and must be purchased separately.
• A patch must be no taller than 3" to fit onto one of our caps. Maximum width is 5".
• Patches with multiple curves and sharp angles might not be sewable. Vintage patches are our specialty since many modern made patches are not made from cotton twill and will not hold up to our industrial sewing machine. Also, we do not take in non-licensed reproduction patches. Commonly found on eBay and Etsy, we can spot one of these retro patches from a mile away. We also avoid parody patches of brands as well.
• Once we have a patch in our hands, and we can inspect it up close, we reserve the right to turn down a job if we feel the patch cannot hold up to our industrial sewing machine. Our machine likes to eat up delicate patches and we’d rather turn down a job if we feel this might occur.
• We charge an additional $10 per patch should it need to be cleaned. We’ll let you know if this is the case when you send us a photo of your patch.
• Please send in your cap as soon as you can after you place an order and include a note with your name and order number with your shipment. If you’re sending in more than one cap, please let us know cap and patch pairings.
Appreciate you reading all the details here. At Megadeluxe we want to provide our customers with the highest level of service possible and ensure that you are completely satisfied.
Frequently asked questions about our sewing service.
Twenty-year warranty on your sewing – are you all crazy?
It is a bit nutty that we offer a twenty-year warranty on our patch-to-cap sewing. If your patch comes off your cap, we’ll sew it back on at no charge. It's the kind of crazy we like put out to the world.
Can I send in my own blank cap?
Possibly. It would be impossible for us to carry every single cap brand out there, so we'll try to help you out here. We also know there's some XXL caps out there for bigger and more handsome heads. However we need to see your cap first. FYI: we can't offer our 20-year warranty or be responsible if our industrial sewing machine damages your cap. We charge $25 per cap if you provide the hat and purchase a patch from our inventory. $30 per cap if you provide both a hat and your own patch – however, if you send in more than one cap it’s $25 per cap.
So why go to all the trouble of machine sewing vintage patches onto caps
Because it’s simply the best way to secure a patch onto a ball cap. A well-sewn patch will last twenty-years or more. The cap will give out before the patch ever does. Sure, you could glue down a patch in half the time but it’s never going to be able to stay secure or make a design “pop-off” a cap. Machine sewing stretches and secures a patch to the point where it hugs the contours of a cap. Gluing down a patch on a cap can never achieve this unique dimensionality and lasting power.