No need to purchase our sewing service if you buy a patch from us. Sewing service is included with all custom cap orders.
You own a patch, or two, that need to be sewn onto a cap. We can help with that. Comes with a 20 year guarantee. Two or more caps are your best deal. Three caps will you get free shipping.
Steps to getting your patches sewn onto blank caps:
Patch and ordering guidelines:
- Caps are not included in the price, and must be purchased separately.
- A patch must be no taller than 3" to fit onto one of our caps. Maximum width is 5".
- Patches with multiple curves and sharp angles might not be sewable. Many modern made patches won't hold up to our industrial sewing machine. Also, we do not take in non-licensed reproduction patches. Commonly found on eBay and Etsy. We can spot one of these retro patches from a mile away.
- Patches must be clean. We don’t accept patches still attached to caps - must be removed if that’s the case. We charge an additional $10 per patch for cleaning or removing a patch from a cap. YouTube has excellent tutorials on how to properly clean and remove patches.
- Please send in the patch or patches as soon as you can after you place an order.
- Please include your order confirmation with your cap shipment.
- We reserve the right to turn down a patch once it arrives and we can further inspect it. Sometimes we can't make a final call until a patch is in our possession. We’ll refund you minus return shipping cost.
Appreciate you reading all the details here. At Megadeluxe we want to provide our customers with the highest level of service possible and ensure that you are completely satisfied.
Frequently asked questions about our sewing service.
Twenty-year guarantee on your sewing – are you all crazy?
It is a bit nutty that we offer a twenty-year guarantee on our patch-to-cap sewing. If your patch comes off your cap, we’ll sew it back on at no charge. It's the kind of crazy we like put out to the world.
Seems like a lot of steps just to get a patch sewn onto a cap.
Couldn’t agree with you more. But if you’ve ever received one of our custom caps we think you’ll understand that we put a ton of craft and care into what we do. Properly cared for, our custom caps will last a generation. No worries if the cap gets destroyed along the way because we can swap out an old cap for a new one. A service we’ve offered from the very start of our business.
Do you accept officially licensed new patches?
Yes we do, as long as they fall within our sizing guidelines above. For example, we have some die hard Harley-Davidson customers who have sent us new patches they’ve purchased directly from HD’s store.
Can I send in my own blank cap?
Sorry, no. We’re used to working with the caps we sell. Tried this in the past and it didn’t work out.
So why go to all the trouble of machine sewing vintage patches onto caps
Because it’s simply the best way to secure a patch onto a ball cap. A well-sewn patch will last twenty-years or more. The cap will give out before the patch ever does. Sure, you could glue down a patch in half the time but it’s never going to be able to stay secure or make a design “pop-off” a cap. Machine sewing stretches and secures a patch to the point where it hugs the contours of a cap. Gluing down a patch on a cap can never achieve this unique dimensionality and lasting power.
Do you really sew all of your patches onto caps in-house?
Yes we do. When we first started out, we sewed all of our patches onto caps by hand. After a few hundred orders, and countless blisters, we purchased an industrial sewing machine (we now have several) that we had customized to our specifications. We hate to brag, but our sewing expertise is what sets us apart and allows us to have cap customization as a big part of our business.